It’s time to fall back! Changes in the amount of daily sunlight can disrupt the body’s natural rhythm and contribute to an imbalance in hormones like serotonin and melatonin. Less daylight can mean less energy, lower mood, and issues sleeping. So here are some tips to help you to adjust – and to fall back more easily.
Shorter daylight hours can disrupt the body’s natural rhythm and decrease melatonin production.
- Melatonin– the body’s natural sleep hormone produced in the pineal gland
- Valerian– stress reduction and helps soothe the nerves
- Passion Flower– renowned nerve tonic to help calm nerves
- Magnesium– helps relax muscles and reduce stress
Decreased energy can be the caused by less sleep, less daylight hours, and lack of essential nutrients.
- B Vitamins– help with metabolism, energy, and nerve function
- Ashwagandha – restores optimal nervous and immune system health
- Maca– supports cognitive function and/or reduces mental fatigue
- Ginseng– effective stimulant of both mental and physical energy
- Vitamin D– helps with overall wellness
Imbalanced hormones such as serotonin and melatonin can cause mood to fluctuate and can lead to mild depression or Seasonal Affective Disorder.