Training & Development Specialist
You Check All The Boxes If:
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and like building programs from the ground up
- You love building relationships and networking with others
- You are passionate about educating others so they can apply the teachings in their everyday life
- You are optimistic and open to new ideas or challenges that may come your way
- You can easily adapt to shifting priorities and needs
- You know how to manage timelines and (almost) always meet set deadlines
- You pride yourself on your communication skills that are based on an open, collaborative and solution-focused mindset
Some Things You Should Know About Us Is:
- We expect our people to lead by example by promoting wellness, mindfulness and movement throughout our week.
- We start our day by connecting about our personal lives before moving into our professional lives.
- We appreciate involving our teams in the decision-making process before we move forward with programs and initiatives.
- We are collaborative and don’t mind getting our hands dirty with the rest of the team.
- We take our job seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- We are notorious for email responses containing funny memes, sharing in a high-five to celebrate a win and occasionally breaking into dance when the mood strikes.
- What makes us successful is we are dedicated, care about the mission of our company and the people that are our reason for being, and we’re not afraid to ask for help.
As a Training and Development Specialist, you take a hands-on role in supporting the learning and development opportunities at Nature’s Fare in order to support our priority of being an employee centric and customer service focused organization. This role will oversee the learning experience for team members from onboarding to succession planning through the development of programs, advising on process and being an ambassador of growth across all levels of the organization. While it is difficult to capture all the exciting things you will do day-to-day, you can expect to:
- Identify and fill any existing training gaps based on organizational and departmental goals
- Research, recommend and develop training strategies and content for the organization
- Develop training tools and content to support overall learning goals
- Measure training effectiveness for new and existing programs to support decision making on revising, removing or adding to our training program
- Support management across all locations to identify performance and skill gaps as well as to support and advise on developing a training, development or performance plan to address identified areas
- Manage full cycle performance development process, including administrating and advising on informal coaching conversations and formal performance feedback sessions
- Develop a career road map for key positions within our organization
- Manage learning management systems, ensuring content is relevant, current and aligns with learning objectives
- As part of a small and collaborative team, you will participate and help support various HR initiatives, as needed, such as recruitment, employee engagement, and team building events
Qualifications We’re Looking For:
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- Post-secondary education in human resources management or adult learning
- Strong knowledge and understanding of applying adult learning principles in an organization
- Working toward or possessing a CPHR designation considered a strong asset
- Experience in a retail environment considered an asset but not required
- Great work/life balance (predictable hours, paid time off)
- Flexible benefit package (Comprehensive Benefits + Health Spending Account)
- Competitive wages
- Sweet Store Discount (enjoy more of the products you love!)
- Positive team environment (work with like-minded, mission-driven people)
You Should Also Know That:
- This position requires occasional travel to all 7 store locations across the Okanagan and on the coast
- This position works in an open work environment with other members of the HR team
- This is a dog friendly environment
Did you check all the boxes above? Then you must be awesome and should definitely apply to firstname.lastname@example.org