Nature’s Fare Markets is looking for a full-time Network Administrator based out of our Head Office location here in Vernon, BC.
Occasional travel will be required throughout the Okanagan Valley and to our coastal store locations. This position requires participation in after-hours, on-call support for end users and requires the employee to be highly available for emergency problem escalation.
You check all the boxes if:
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You are open to new ideas or challenges that may come your way
- You can easily adapt to shifting priorities
- You pride yourself on your communication skills that are based on an open, collaborative and solution-focused mindset
Some things you should know about us:
- We connect as a team to solve problems, and enjoy catching up on each other’s personal lives as a break from the day to day
- Challenging the status quo is always a focus in our conversations – we love influencing positive change across departments
- Work/life balance is important to us – we’ve mastered the art of focusing our efforts during the day so we’re mindful of not bringing work home each day
- Documentation and structured processes are our jam
- We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously
- We like to remain humble but take pride in a job well done!
Reporting to the Director of IT and working with the Senior Network Analyst and Systems Administrator, the Network Administrator is responsible for the setup, maintenance, administration and end-user support of the company’s network, servers and security infrastructure.
- Maintain critical systems including firewalls/security appliances, network switches/Wireless AP’s, VPN tunnels, remote access, DNS/Active Directory sites, redundant store Internet connections, till connectivity, Voice over IP systems, Windows servers, anti-virus, WSUS etc.
- Work with the Senior Network Analyst to design and implement core network infrastructure, ensuring solutions meet or exceed the company’s needs.
- Propose and implement correct actions/process improvements to increase/improve productivity and reduce TCO and recurring costs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external vendors to ensure adequate levels of service.
- Obtain and evaluate hardware and software products, ensuring the requirements for Nature’s Fare are met. Recommend appropriate solutions, their projected costs and timeframe and implement approved projects within the organization.
- Act as the primary escalation resource for incidents with network, security, and VoIP systems and assets. Provide second-tier escalation to the support analysts and end users for PCs and server applications.
- Respond promptly and politely to user support requests, troubleshooting and solving hardware and software issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinate any warranty issues with external vendors for all supported products.
- Perform remedial repair and preventative maintenance on all network systems Infrastructure, including switches, firewalls, storage arrays, desktops, laptops and printers.
- Develop and maintain administrative-related support processes and procedures documentation.
- Keep abreast of advances in computer hardware and software and network technologies.
- Work with the Support Analyst to develop and maintain accurate inventory tracking of all computer hardware and audit as required. This includes order and lifecycle management to ensure proper inventory control.
- Technical diploma/certificate in Network and Telecommunications and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an I.T. network support role, managing next-gen firewalls, switches, access points and Windows-based DNS/Active Directory.
- Advanced knowledge of IP network concepts.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2, 2019 as well as Hyper V hypervisors and remote access technologies.
- Strong focus on network security, including social engineering and phishing techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills plus the ability to recommend solutions.
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Work well with a team of peers and other technical professionals.
- Flexible, proactive approach and the ability to work under pressure, adjusting priorities and work schedules, as necessary, to meet project deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Great work/life balance (predictable hours, paid time off)
- Flexible benefit package (Health Spending Account)
- Competitive wages and incentive programs
- Sweet Store Discount (enjoy more of the products you love!)
- Positive team environment (work with like-minded, mission-driven people)
Did you check all the boxes above? Then you must be awesome and should definitely apply to firstname.lastname@example.org