Human Resources Assistant
You check all the boxes if:
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and like building programs from the ground up
- You love building relationships and networking with others
- You are passionate about educating others so they can apply the teachings in their everyday life
- You are optimistic and open to new ideas or challenges that may come your way
- You can easily adapt to shifting priorities and needs
- You pride yourself on your communication skills that are based on an open, collaborative and solution-focused mindset
Some Things You Should Know About Us Is:
- We expect our people to lead by example by promoting wellness, mindfulness and movement throughout our week.
- We start our day by connecting about our personal lives before moving into our professional lives.
- We appreciate involving our teams in the decision-making process before we move forward with programs and initiatives.
- We are collaborative and don’t mind getting our hands dirty with the rest of the team.
- We take our job seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- We are notorious for email responses containing funny memes, sharing in a high-five to celebrate a win and occasionally breaking into dance when the mood strikes.
- What makes us successful is we are dedicated, care about the mission of our company and the people that are our reason for being, and we’re not afraid to ask for help.
As a Human Resources Assistant, you take a hands-on role in supporting and administrating Nature’s Fare’s priority of being an employee centric organization. This role supports all department initiatives and programs by providing administrative support, coordinating with employees and managers, and collaborating with the HR team on upcoming goals. The primary priorities of this role will be focused on recruitment, training, team building and health & safety; you can expect to:
- Provide administrative support for all aspects of the recruiting process
- Assist, collaborate and provide administrative support for training programs and initiatives.
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing HR social events
- Assist with maintaining WCB files and reports
- Assist with drafting monthly OH&S committee topics
- Assist with advising managers on WCB claim process
- Draft memos and letters including contracts, internal memos, promotion or position change letters, progressive discipline letters, and letters of termination
- Update templates and forms
- Update current policies and procedures when necessary
- Support in an administrative capacity on all HR projects
Qualifications We’re Looking for in an Assistant:
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- Post-secondary education in human resources management or business administration
- Experience in a retail environment considered an asset
- Health spending account
- Competitive wage
- Sweet store discount
You Should Also Know That:
- This position requires occasional travel to all 7 store locations across the Okanagan and on the coast.
- This position works in an open work environment with other members of the HR team
- This is a dog friendly environment
Did you check all the boxes above? Then you must be awesome and should definitely apply to firstname.lastname@example.org