Director of IT
Nature’s Fare Markets is looking for a Director of IT based out of our Head Office location here in beautiful Vernon, BC.
Occasional travel will be required throughout the Okanagan Valley and to our coastal store locations. This position requires participation in after-hours, on-call support for end users and requires the employee to be highly available for emergency problem escalation.
The Director of IT is responsible for leading the strategy and implementation of Nature’s Fare Markets’ technology policies and systems as well as providing mentorship and leadership to the IT team, instilling a service-oriented and people-centric culture. As part of our senior management team, this role takes both a hands-on and strategic approach to influencing and executing change within our organization, building relationships with stakeholders, and supporting clients from an executive and store level perspective.
The ideal candidate is an IT professional with exceptional facilitation, communication and leadership skills who has selected and built the best in class systems and infrastructure. Our organization has several retail locations throughout BC and supports over 450 employees across all locations.
This position reports to the CEO and takes direction from the VP, Information Technology at our banner company.
- Contributes to the development of business strategy as it relates to technology
- Oversee all technology operations and evaluating them according to established goals
- Manages the performance and day to day operations of the IT team through clear communication, expectations, timelines, and performance metrics
- Responsible for all people management aspects within department including hiring, progressive discipline, and terminations
- Collaborates with all internal stakeholders on IT related projects
- Advises senior management team on best practices, identifying potential risks and threats to existing technologies, and providing recommendations to rectify and fortify systems
- Designs and maintains servers, networks, storage, local LAN/WAN and cloud infrastructure
- Monitors and audits all aspects of network and system security to comply with industry best practices
- Forecasts financial requirements, prepares annual IT budget and ensures cost-effectiveness
- Evaluates, purchases and implements hardware and software as needed
- Leads all system and application recommendations, implementation and integration
- Help nurture and promote Nature’s Fare Markets’ company culture
- Engage with the VP of IT on ongoing enterprise projects as they relate to Nature’s Fare Markets
- Degree in Computer Science or a diploma in technology
- Industry certification, such as CCNA, MCSE or similar
- Experience and working knowledge of RDMS such as MS SQL Server, MySQL etc.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft 365 ecosystem including Azure and Exchange Online
- 10+ years of progressive IT experience, with experience at a management level
- Demonstrated experience being a highly effective hands-on practitioner with a clear track record of successful delivery and management
- Linux system experience would be beneficial
- ERP system selection and implementation experience would be desirable
You check all the boxes if:
- You are service oriented–you know how to leave a lasting impression with your clients
- You have a strong leadership presence and a proven ability to engage, inform and influence others
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, with a high degree of self-motivation and strong business acumen
- You are open to new ideas or challenges that may come your way
- You can easily adapt to shifting priorities, taking a highly systematic and analytical approach
- You pride yourself on your communication skills that are based on an open, collaborative and solution-focused mindset
Some things you should know about us:
- We connect as a team to solve problems, and enjoy catching up on each other’s personal lives as a break from the day to day
- Challenging the status quo is always a focus in our conversations – we love influencing positive change across departments
- Work/life balance is important to us – we’ve mastered the art of focusing our efforts during the day so we’re mindful of not bringing work home each day
- Documentation and structured processes are our jam
- We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously
- We like to remain humble but take pride in a job well done!
- Great work/life balance
- Flexible benefit package (Comprehensive Benefits + Health Spending Account)
- Positive team environment (work with like-minded, mission-driven people)
Did you check all the boxes above? Then we would love to hear from you! Please apply to email@example.com