Demo & Event Coordinator
Do you thrive on inspiring and educating people about healthy lifestyle choices? Do you thrive at building community partnerships and engaging vendors through event based marketing initiatives? If you are a self-starter with a flair for making memorable moments we’d love to hear from you.
This Demo & Event Coordinator role is located at our Kelowna flagship store.
What to expect?
You will be responsible for planning, overseeing and managing all events that take place within the store as well as working cooperatively with the head office events manager on corporate initiative events. This fun position builds excitement within the store by drawing customers’ attention to all upcoming events.
- Ensure a professionally operated and effective demo program using in-store resources and company directive while accepting complete responsibility for operation and results
- Maintain the demo schedule as per Head Office directed demos, in-store-demos, and vendor demos ensuring a smooth flow and taking into consideration the timing (coffee demos in the morning, meat demos prior to meal time etc.), trending items, seasonal themes, in-store display locations etc.
- Ensure that all demo materials such as product, signage, demo kit, and sale tags, are prepared and ready prior to demo beginning
- Check in with demonstrators prior to demos beginning to confirm that they have all information and materials (signage, utensils, product etc.) needed for the demo
- Plan, organize and execute events generated by head office as well as optional events chosen by the store,
- Research and choose to participate in local events, with budget approval and advisement from the store manager and corporate events manager
- Keep the store events calendar up to date and manage event supplies, signage and POS material. Generate enthusiasm and excitement about upcoming events
- Ensure adequate stock with the appropriate department head if a product will be featured during the event
- Prepare diagram of store layout including demonstrators and displays
- Communicate with head office marketing to organize promotional material
- Be present and hands on from preparation and set-up through teardown to ensure adherence to planned format, compliance with regulations, cooperation between vendors, resolution of issues, and overall satisfaction of participants and sponsors.
- Perform post-event tasks promptly such as post-event feedback and sales reporting, returning AV supplies and materials to head office. Engage in dialogue with vendors and customers about the event experience.
Experience we like to see:
- 2 or 3 years of retail, marketing, and/or event based experience
- Work independently with excellent time management skills
- Detail-oriented, problem solving and strong communication skills.
- Ability to lift-up to 15 kg, bend, and stand for several hours a day.
- Knowledge and passionate about local, organic and sustainable food and supplements
- Ability to translate behaviors into optimal selling experience and achievement of results
Your career at Nature’s Fare Markets:
- Be part of a fun team that believes we are better together
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental, EAP)
- An amazing team member discount
- Put your passion into work that matters with a growing, BC-based company, committed to be a better company for our customers, our team members and the planet. We’ll surround you with a great team and a supportive learning environment where you can grow and thrive. Apply online today!