Nature’s Fare Markets is looking for a full-time Cook for our Commissary Kitchen based out of our Head Office location here in Vernon, BC.
At Nature’s Fare Markets, we pride ourselves on providing our team members a living wage which is why our minimum starting wage is $16.00. See below for other great perks of working with us!
You check all the boxes if:
- You are passionate about local, organic and sustainable food
- You pride yourself on quality of work and your keen eye for detail
- You thrive in a team environment and enjoy collaborating with others
- You are open to new ideas or challenges that may come your way
- You can easily adapt to shifting priorities
Some things you should know about us:
- We strive for constant collaboration and communication to achieve the best results in everything we do
- We expect our team to put as much care into food preparation as we would preparing meals for our family
- We are very team driven. We support one another and build each other up.
- We pride ourselves in a light-hearted, fun and inclusive atmosphere
- Recognition to stand-out team members is very important to us
- We are big on team building and take turns cooking for one another every few weeks
In our commissary, we are passionately creating delicious food made with carefully chosen organic, local sustainable ingredients: fresh produce, ethically raised and grass-fed meat and dairy, and products without additives or preservatives. Our customers love our fresh juices and smoothies, gourmet sandwiches and wraps, salads, hearty soups, entrées and an array of baked goods. And, of course, we offer tasty options for a variety of food preferences including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and paleo diets.
- Prepare, cut, portion, and cook various vegetables, salads, and soups for our bistros.
- Ensure consistency in recipes through proper use of scales and volume measurements and a keen eye for detail.
- Ensuring freshness of our products, this position will participate in proper rotation of stock in all areas of the kitchen.
- Ensure maintenance of cleanliness and comply with WorkSafe, Food Safe, and Nature’s Fare standards at all times.
- Skillful use of all kitchen equipment including knives, mandolins, burners, rational ovens, large stock kettles, large mixers, immersion hand blenders, food processor, etc.
- Ensure safety and efficiency of team by alerting the commissary manager of any equipment failure, product shortages, etc. in a timely manner.
- Complete assigned daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning tasks.
- Contribute and maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Experience in volume food preparation as a prep or line cook is a plus but not necessary
- Educated in related field an asset
- Minimum 2 years food preparation
- Food Safe Certificate – Level 1
- Knowledge of inventory control and food storage procedures an asset
- Knowledge of provincial health, sanitation and safety regulations
Perks of Working at Nature’s Fare:
- Great work/life balance (predictable hours, paid time off)
- Flexible benefit package (Health Spending Account)
- Competitive wages and incentive programs (minimum starting wage of $16)
- Sweet Store Discount (enjoy more of the products you love!)
- Positive team environment (work with like-minded, mission-driven people)
Put your passion into work that matters with a growing, BC-based company, committed to be a better company for our customers, our employees, and the planet. We’ll surround you with a great team and a supportive learning environment where you can grow and thrive.