In our commissary, we are passionate creating delicious food made with carefully chosen organic, local sustainable ingredients: fresh produce, ethically raised and grass-fed meat and dairy, and products without additives or preservatives. Our customers love our fresh juices and smoothies, gourmet sandwiches and wraps, salads, hearty soups, entrées and an array of baked goods. And, of course, we offer tasty options for a variety of food preferences including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and paleo diets.
As a Cook, you will prepare, cut, portion, and cook various vegetables, salads, and soups. You will use scales and volume measurements to ensure consistency in recipes. You will use all kitchen equipment including knives, mandolins, burners, rational ovens, large stock kettles, large mixers, immersion hand blenders, food processor, etc. You will maintain cleanliness and comply with WorkSafe, Food Safe, and Nature’s Fare standards at all times. You will be responsible for proper rotation of stock in all areas of the kitchen. You will complete assigned daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning tasks. You will alert the commissary manager of any equipment failure, product shortages, etc. in a timely manner. you will maintain a positive, team oriented attitude.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
· A passion for local, organic and sustainable food and natural supplements
· A desire to deliver great service in the retail and food service industry
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong work ethic and desire to contribute to people’s health and wellbeing
· Ability and desire to confidently lead by example and contribute to a positive, supportive
· Minimum 2 years food preparation
· Food Safe Certified – Level I
· Educated in related field an asset