Brand Ambassador & Event Coordinator
Do you thrive on inspiring and educating people about healthy lifestyle choices? Are you accomplished at building community partnerships and engaging brands through event-based marketing initiatives? If you are a self-starter with a flair for making memorable moments, we’d love to hear from you.
This Brand Ambassador & Event Coordinator role in the Lower Mainland, supporting our White Rock and Langley stores and will be based out of either location.
What to expect?
You will be responsible for planning, overseeing and managing all events that take place within both stores as well as working cooperatively with a Corporate Events Coordinator (Head Office) on corporate initiative events. This fun, dynamic position builds and enhances the in-store customer experience, drives traffic to store events and engages with community partners to increase brand visibility and awareness.
- Ensure a professionally operated and effective demo program using in-store resources and company directive while being responsible for execution and results
- Maintain the schedule for all demos directed from head office or directly at the store, ensuring a smooth flow and taking into consideration the timing (coffee demos in the morning, meat demos prior to mealtime etc.), trending items, seasonal themes, in-store display locations etc.
- Ensure that all demo materials such as product, signage, demo kit, and sale tags, are prepared and ready prior to demo beginning
- Check in with demonstrators prior to demos beginning to confirm that they have all information and materials (signage, utensils, product etc.) needed for the demo
- Research and choose to participate in local events, with budget approval and advisement from the store manager and corporate events coordinator
- Plan, organize and execute events generated by head office as well as optional events chosen by the store,
- Support planning and execution of in-store events, such as our wellness talk series, working with a corporate events coordinator to ensure the event vision is achieved.
- Keep the store events calendar up to date and manage event supplies, signage and POS material. Generate enthusiasm and excitement with customers and staff about upcoming in-store events
- Ensure adequate stock with the appropriate department head if a product will be featured during the event
- Prepare diagram of store layout including demonstrators and displays
- Communicate with head office marketing to organize promotional material
- Be present and hands on from preparation and set-up through teardown to ensure adherence to planned format, compliance with regulations, cooperation between vendors, resolution of issues, and overall satisfaction of participants and sponsors.
- Perform post-event tasks promptly such as post-event feedback and sales reporting, returning AV supplies and materials to head office. Engage in dialogue with vendors and customers about the event experience.
Experience we like to see:
- 2 or 3 years event-based experience in a marketing, retail or community based role.
- Work independently with excellent time management skills while engaging with store and head office teams on execution.
- Detail-oriented, problem solving and strong communication skills.
- Ability to lift-up to 15 kg, bend, and stand for several hours a day.
- Knowledge and passionate about local, organic and sustainable food and supplements
- High energy personality with the proven ability to positively influence behaviours and achieve results
Your career at Nature’s Fare Markets:
- Be part of a fun team that believes we are better together
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental, EAP).
- An amazing team member discountPut your passion into work that matters with a growing, BC-based company, committed to be a better company for our customers, our team members and the planet. We’ll surround you with a great team and a supportive learning environment where you can grow and thrive. Apply today!