Bistro (Food Service) Manager
In our Bistro, we are passionate about creating delicious food made with carefully chosen organic, local, sustainable ingredients: fresh produce, ethically raised and grass-fed meat and dairy, and products without additives or preservatives. Our customers love our fresh juices and smoothies, gourmet sandwiches and wraps, salads, hearty soups, entrées and an array of baked goods. And, of course, we offer tasty options for a variety of food preferences including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and paleo diets.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a management/supervisor role
- Previous food service experience in a fast paced, customer centric environment
- Experience in a retail environment, including food service, smoothie, coffee and deli style services, preferred
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Must have proven exceptional customer service skills
- Food Safe certificate
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities under pressure
As a Bistro Manager you will oversee complete and smooth daily operations of the Bistro department. This is a dynamic role that is quickly expanding to support our customers with a variety of fresh food offerings. You will lead the growth of this department from both a preparation and onsite food production capacity as well as facilitating a second to none customer experience for our guests. Some tasks you can expect in your day to day responsibilities include:
- Manage the day to day operations and performance of the Bistro Department team, including setting direction for daily tasks, providing in the moment coaching to team members, and taking a hands-on approach to leadership within the department to empower your team to excel
- Set the standard of customer service expected by all Bistro employees and actively work with the management team to meet standards of operations
- Managing inventory and writing orders to ensure adequate stock levels for department while reducing food waste
- With support of the Store Manager, manage the human resource components of the team including hiring, performance evaluations, and coaching and disciplinary conversations
- Ensure cohesive interaction between all team members and undertake conflict resolution when necessary
- Collaborate with other managers and corporate teams to provide new ideas and feedback as well as to execute brand wide initiatives
- Be a champion of company mission and values by putting people first, doing the right thing, engaging with our community, challenging the status quo and last but not least, creating a FUN work environment!
- Maintain and promote current knowledge of company policies and procedures, and hold your team members accountable to following these as they apply to their daily responsibilities
- Great work/life balance (predictable hours, paid time off)
- Flexible benefit package (Comprehensive Package & Health Spending Account)
- Competitive wages
- Sweet Store Discount (enjoy more of the products you love!)
- Positive team environment (work with like-minded, mission-driven people)
Put your passion into work that matters with a growing, BC-based company, committed to be a better company for our customers, our employees, and the planet. We’ll surround you with a great team and a supportive learning environment where you can grow and thrive. Apply online today!