Bakery Team Leader
Good People, Good Food
Do you love healthy, organic food?
Want to work in a fun environment that helps you to grow and thrive?
Come to work at Nature’s Fare Markets.
You check all the boxes if:
- You have an exceptional palate and flair for the creative
- You have a high level of theoretical and working knowledge in pastry, bread and baking
- You keep up to date on industry trends
Some things you should know about us:
- We strive for constant collaboration and communication to achieve the best results in everything we do
- We expect our team to put as much care into food preparation as we would preparing meals for our family
- We are very team driven. We support one another and build each other up.
- We pride ourselves in a light-hearted, fun and inclusive atmosphere
- Recognition to stand-out team members is very important to us
- We are big on team building and take turns cooking for one another every few weeks
As a Bakery Team Lead, you will manage the day to day operations of the bakery in the commissary kitchen for Nature’s Fare Markets. This includes leading the team, production, quality assurance and recipe development. This position reports directly to the Food Production Manager and works closely to implement the directions and goals of the department in the daily operations of the facility. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide training of bakery staff to produce high quality new items, and training in new policy and procedures
- Coordinating with the Food Production Manager on recipe roll out and training of team members on new menu items
- Work, in coordination, with the Food Production Manager to develop and support menu and brand strategies
- Create a monthly, quarterly, and annual plan of new products for our bistro and grocery departments
- There will be a focus on various special dietary requirements including, but not limited to vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, etc.
- Observation of industry trends via social media and other industry leaders
- Great work/life balance (predictable hours, paid time off)
- Flexible benefit package (Health Spending Account)
- Competitive wages
- Sweet Store Discount (enjoy more of the products you love!)
- Positive team environment (work with like-minded, mission-driven people)
Qualifications we’re looking for:
- 5 years’ experience in a high paced bakery environment
- Red Seal, or equivalent experience
Did you check all the boxes above? Then you must be awesome and should definitely apply to firstname.lastname@example.org