Assistant Food Production Manager
Good People, Good Food
Do you love healthy, organic food?
Want to work in a fun environment that helps you to grow and thrive?
Come to work at Nature’s Fare Markets.
You check all the boxes if:
- You have an exceptional palate and flair for the creative
- You keep up to date on industry trends
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
Some things you should know about us:
- We strive for constant collaboration and communication to achieve the best results in everything we do
- We expect our team to put as much care into food preparation as we would preparing meals for our family
- We are very team driven. We support one another and build each other up.
- We pride ourselves in a light-hearted, fun and inclusive atmosphere
- Recognition to stand-out team members is very important to us
- We are big on team building and take turns cooking for one another every few weeks
The Assistant Food Production Manager, in coordination with the Food Production Manager, is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the commissary and its team. The focus will be on spearheading the daily production schedule and driving, motivating, and leading the team to achieve the daily goals while making sure the highest quality product is achieved. This position reports to the Food Production Manager and works closely to implement the direction and goals of the department and organization. Other responsibilities include:
- Collaborate, delegate, and support the R&D Team on recipe roll out and training
- Lead team training within new culinary concepts, and for new team members
- Work in coordination with the Food Production Manager to develop and support menu and brand strategies
- Coordinate with various levels of team to make sure all documentation is kept up to date, and properly maintained for our Health and Safety program
- Taste, Taste, Taste to make sure recipe standardization is consistent in taste, seasoning and appearance
- Great work/life balance (predictable hours, paid time off)
- Flexible benefit package (Health Spending Account)
- Competitive wages
- Sweet Store Discount (enjoy more of the products you love!)
- Positive team environment (work with like-minded, mission-driven people)
Qualifications we’re looking for:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading a team of 10+ team members in a fast-paced kitchen setting
- High volume food production setting
- Red Seal or equivalent experience
- High level interpersonal and motivational skills
Did you check all the boxes above? Then you must be awesome and should definitely apply to email@example.com