A sunburn is caused by excessive & unprotected exposure to the sun’s harmful UVA & UVB rays. The time it takes to cause a burn depends on the individual & their skin tone, but everyone is susceptible to some degree. There are first & second degree burns and signs may begin to show from one to 24 hours post exposure. Second degree burns are highly dangerous for children. All burns make you more vulnerable to skin cancer.
Symptoms May Include:
- Warm & red skin
- Skin is tender to the touch
- Skin is hot but you feel cold
- Extreme reddening, swelling, pain & possible blisters
- Damages lower layers of the skin
- Chills, fever nausea & delirium